Tuesday, September 15, 2009

 So yesterday in class we talked about the differences between stereotypes and generalizations. I have to admit I didn't have any idea what the difference was at first, but when we began to discuss it, it started to make sense. Generalizations are more like a filing system, while stereotypes are like a rating system, the filing system is based off facts while the rating system is based off feelings and ideas. I thought it was funny to realize just how much I stereotype in my daily life, and I really need to stop doing it. I feel like high school is the time when people most often stereotype because they feel they need to. I wonder if there are any people who don't stereotype? Personally I think its impossible. P.S. If this is split into like 10 posts I'm sorry

2 comments:

Steph =] said...

I agree with ya Danny! I feel like I always stereotype people even when i dont think i am doing it. I really also need to stop. lol. High school is really when we all do it-it is really impossible not to stereotype. That sucks. I hope you have a fabulous weekend! your great Danny! lol =] Happy face!! wootcakes!

Steph =] said...

ps i like your lime design. its spiffy

Post a Comment